NOTE ON HARYANA
Haryana is one of the most industrially progressive states in the country. The strategic advantage of the State surrounding the National capital, Delhi from three sides and with 60% area falling within the NCR and more than 10 national highways criss-crossing the State, is unique to the State of Haryana. Haryana is also hosts Headquarters of more than 100 fortune 500 companies and is a leading producer of number of products including four wheelers, two wheelers, cranes, excavators, tractors, footwear and sanitary ware etc.
The industrial growth of the State has been consistently higher than the national growth rate and the State enjoys eminent position of having one of the highest per capita income amongst the major states. Gurgaon in Haryana is also known as the BPO capital of the world with more than 5% of the global work force working there.
The state offers immense opportunities for investment and the new Enterprise Promotion Policy, 2015 of Haryana with focus on "Ease of doing business" and enhancing competitiveness of the industry is an effective instrument for creating the most conducive atmosphere for industrialization and investment promotion.
Sectoral Sessions scheduled to be held include:
1. Make in Haryana: Manufacturing Competitiveness (Focus on Automotive, Defense Manufacturing, Railways & Aerospace and Ease of Doing Business)
2. Investment & Business Opportunities in Sunrise Sectors (Focus on E-governance, IT &ITeS, and ESDM)
3. Education, Skill Development & Sports
4. MSMEs : The Backbone of Haryana's economy
5. Food Processing, Horticulture, Floriculture, Dairy& Agriculture: Utilizing the Untapped Potential
6. Next Wave of Growth in Services Sector - (Focus on Medical Tourism, Financial Services, Educational Services and Media & Entertainment)
7. Emerging Models of PPP : Powering the Growth of Haryana - (Focus on Urban Development, Real Estate, Renewable Energy and leveraging opportunities in DMIC / DFCs / KMP Expressway)
8. Haryana as Hub of Footwear, Textile & Apparel Sector : Making a mark in the Global Landscape
There will also be Country Sessions focusing in partnerships and business participation in Smart Villages & Village Tourism, Rural Infrastructure - Rural Tourism, Drinking Water, Rural Electrification, Drinking Water & Sanitation and Optical Fibre Network, Health Infrastructure, Sanitation & Waste Management.
The State Government has undertaken many reform oriented initiatives which will provide an enabling environment for the industry to set up operations in the State and integrate with the global supply chain. The Enterprise Promotion Policy is a step in that direction.